WHEN: October 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
WHERE: Greg & Christine Clewleys farm, 366 Mt Darry Road Kulpi, Qld
Overall, a fully integrated transition diet can provide relative net benefits of up to $200 plus per cow per year.
The Low Stress Calving session is a 2 hour, on-farm, group discussion delivered by a Dairy Australia Repro Right accredited veterinarian, Dr Carl Hockey.
The session focuses on how transition cow feed management can:
- Adapt fresh cows rumens to high energy feeds
- Avoid milk fever and other health problems around calving related to hypocalcaemia
- Maintaining high feed intakes post calving and control body condition loss in early lactation.
Implementing an integrated approach to transition nutrition and fresh cow management results in:
- Higher in-calf rates
- Better use of labour
- Lower culling and death rates
- More milk (up to 300+litres / cow)
RSVP: Belinda Haddow on 0423 00 3638 or email@example.com