WHEN: October 26 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
WHERE: JCU Centre, Next to Malanda Vet Clinic Malanda, Qld
WHO: Dr Brad Granzin, Executive Officer of Subtropical Dairy will facilitate a one-day workshop focussing on the basics of dairy cow nutrition.
The workshop will begin with a morning theory session covering the following topics:
- The major nutrients required for milk production and dairy cow maintenance
- An overview of the cow’s digestive tract and how it absorbs and processes key nutrients
- What are some key things to focus on to achieve maximum performance from cows fed Setaria and other tropical pastures during summer.
- Monitoring your herd for indicators of nutrition problems.
- Question and answer session
This will be followed by a practical session on-farm focusing on pastures, the milking herd and supplementary feeding.
This workshop is a great introduction to dairy cow nutrition science and practices. It is also a great refresher for honing your nutrition skills.
RSVP: Jo Srhoj on 0458 065 695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org