WHEN: Tues, 20th Feb @ 10:00am, for a 10:30am start, through to 2pm.
WHERE: DeVere Farm, 20 Intake Weir Road, Kureelpa, Qld 4560 Australia
RSVP: Kylie Dennis 0456 191 965 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Heat Detective workshop is an on-farm, interactive discussion suitable for all farmers and farm workers involved in heat detection. It will be delivered by a Dairy Australia Repro Right accredited veterinarian, Dr Carl Hockey.
The workshop will cover:
- the importance of heat detection
- the biology behind heat detection
- the signs of heat and correct timing for artificial insemination
- how to make it all work - key elements of an effective system on farm
- the use and application of a range of heat detection aids
- how to review your heat detection strategy
This will also be an opportunity to discuss the ‘ins and outs’ of new heat detection technologies and view and discuss the Wenzel's cow collar system for heat detection.
Morning tea & lunch will be provided.
Please bring along a chair and hat. Due to OH &S and farm bio security requirements, we ask that you come with clean boots/footwear.