How QDO assists its members
QDO has dedicated people using their qualifications to either help to increase profitability or mitigate risk for members. Each project or program used has been evaluated under this lens and new ones have been added or slated to be introduced. These include:
Assisting members to make a profit by...
EXISTING: Ongoing Government negotiations through advocacy
NEW: Influencing the milk price for farmers at farm gate through consumer campaigns
NEW: Farm financial analysis, advice and planning
COMING: Developing a database for employment / share farming and leasing opportunities
COMING: Investigating and pushing for improved tropical pastures
Mitigating risks to the industry by...
EXISTING: Disaster relief assistance
EXISTING: Biosecurity monitoring and testing
EXISTING: Conservation & environmental impact monitoring
EXISTING: Restructure/Succession of QDO that focuses on the future
NEW: Succession planning
COMING: Developing self regulation in regards to bobby calves & ethical dairying
Membership that saves you money.
On top of the value to your business that the QDO toolkit gives you, there are a number of direct monetary benefits that QDO membership provides to improve your profitability and reduces risks to your business.These include:
- 5% rebate on WFI insurance when you elect QDO as their member organisation
- $500 off BRP Can-Am ATVs, $1000 off BRP Can-Am SSVs and 20% member discount on parts and accessories
- Assisting non-Ergon members save on their energy bills with Make it Cheaper
- Discounted NLIS tags: Leader & Allflex - $2.95 - $3.10 (incl GST)
- Park Regis stays throughout Australia at reduced rates for members
- Free assistance with farm employment issues and resolution of employee disputes, paying appropriate pay through Primary Employers Queensland.
QDO membership is open to all registered dairy farmers in Queensland. Additional membership categories also cater for organisations or individuals who are associated with the industry in a non-producing role and others who are interested in the industry and wish to be kept informed.
Licensed Dairy Producer:
A person, corporation, trust, estate, partnership or other legal entity which carries on the business of producing dairy produce. Fee: A base annual fee of $300.00 incl GST plus $0.009 per litre (incl GST) of annual production, (up to a maximum of $3080.00 inc. of GST) payable as a full payment on commencement of membership or by monthly deduction by your processor (subject to availability). To join, fill in the form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is a person, other than a producer or ownership associate who applies and is admitted by the State Council Executive. Fee: $150.00 per annum excl GST. To join, fill in the form below and send to email@example.com
Is a person, partnership or corporation which is not a producer, but can demonstrate an association with the dairy industry. This membership includes fodder producers. Fee: $300 per annum excl GST.
Is a corporate entity which is not a producer but is associated with the dairy industry by way of supply of goods or services to the industry or by way of some other appropriate commercial relationship with the industry. For further information,
Payment of fees
- Monthly Deduction: Where fees are calculated and deducted on a monthly basis by their Processor, providing the processor is participating in the deduction program, the processors currently participating are: Parmalat, Norco and National Foods.There is no penalty for providing monthly deductions, the amount you will pay would be the same as if a lump sum was paid based, on the same production figures. To elect this option you would need to complete a Deduction Authorisation Form and return with the application form.
- Lump sum payment in full for the amount of membership fee calculated, based on the annual production figures. Payments may be made by cheque or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa only). To pay by this method you would need to use the attached “Form B” to calculate the amount of the membership fee and either attach a cheque for the amount or nominate the Credit Card details and return with your application form
- Applications, a cheque or credit card (Mastercard or Visa) for the amount of the applicable fee should accompany the application form.