QDO Industry Development and Policy Officers
The Queensland Dairyfarmers' Organisation (QDO) is the peak industry body representing the interests of and providing services to Queensland dairy farmers, with some 65% of Queensland dairy farmers being members.
The QDO is seeking to fill 2 positions. One position is a policy officer targeted at leading the development of a QDO milk logo. The second position is an Industry Development Officer who will help dairy farms recovery from natural disaster and assist farmers with financial and succession planning. Both roles report to the Executive Officer of QDO, preferably based in Brisbane.
The QDO milk logo policy officer will:
- Review findings of government investigations into developing a milk logo
- Examine the feasibility and process for developing a QDO milk logo
- Consult with Queensland milk processors and consumers re milk logo
- Plan, implement and review a pilot QDO milk logo
- Develop a plan to implement a state wide QDO milk logo
The QDO recovery & resilience industry development officer will:
- Assist farmers access government and other assistance measures available
- Provide natural disaster recovery advice and support
- Provide technical support where required and facilitate assistance from professionals such as financial advisors, technical advisors and health professionals,
- Undertake natural disaster resilience planning to improve the dairy industry resilience
- Lead succession and financial planning for dairy farmers
Candidates should demonstrate competency in:
- Leadership skills, ability to drive change and achieve outcomes
- Effective communication with farmers, government and industry,
- Relationship management and negotiation,
- Knowledge of the dairy and or other livestock / agricultural industries
- Business, financial and project management,
- Marketing programs
- Disaster response and planning
- Relevant tertiary qualifications,
These are both full-time positions with a minimum of 2 years contract. The remuneration package is negotiable commensurate with experience and suitability to the role. You must be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residential status to be considered.
For more information about these opportunities, please contact Kerrie Ventnor at email@example.com or 07 3236 2955. To apply for these positions, send your cover letter and resume to Kerrie Ventnor by COB Friday 10 November, 2017.